Monday, June 25, 2012

Here


Come and rest here
Come and lay your burdens down
Come and rest here
There is refuge for you now
You'll find His peace
And know you're not alone anymore
He is near
You'll find His healing
Your heart isn't shattered anymore
He is here


For everyone who has been praying for my family, bringing us meals, offering a hug either physically or spiritually, I can't thank you enough. We feel truly blessed and know God is here in this moment, using all of you to provide comfort. 


My mother, Maureen, passed away on Saturday, June 16th. A few months ago mom told us that there ought to be a word in the dictionary to describe loosing one's mom, for it is unlike the pain of anything else in this world. 

At the same time she assured us that she was not afraid to die. She was God's daughter and knew she would spend an eternity in heaven with him and be ready to welcome the rest of us when our time on earth comes to an end. 

Did you know everything is new in heaven? It is so comforting to picture mom with a new body. Gone will be the one she had here, crippled by rheumatoid arthritis and medicines that damaged her organs, stage 3 ovarian cancer, septic shock and finally, pneumonia. Now we imagine her running, jumping and for the first time in a long time being able to play her beloved music on a heavenly piano. Go mom!


I'll close my post with this beautiful song Here by Kari Jacob that we played in mom's hospital room and again at her her service. Today is a quiet day for me. Home. With reminders of mom, my stepmother Shirley and my dad around me. All gone in less than one year. So I am trying to  make the most of every moment God has given me here. I so hope you are enjoying your moments today as well. 

3 comments:

  1. Your heart is on your sleeve. I love you Michelle. What a beautiful picture you have laid out before us all. Thank you for sharing. This is a beautiful song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela Axton RussoJune 25, 2012 at 11:33 PM

    Well you know this is MY favorite. It was with you that I heard it first. I downloaded that album for a different song, but this one played in a shuffle at just the right moment with perfect words for our sweet mom to hear. It was a "God kiss" as Mom called such moments. I will never forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YoBit allows you to claim FREE COINS from over 100 different crypto-currencies, you complete a captcha one time and claim as many as coins you want from the available offers.

    After you make about 20-30 claims, you complete the captcha and continue claiming.

    You can click claim as many times as 50 times per one captcha.

    The coins will stored in your account, and you can convert them to Bitcoins or USD.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to have your comments so post away!