Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The "C" Word

There is a word that has invaded my family. It has made my heart stand still. Cold. And scared.

Cancer

I never understood it. And I always feared it. But I reasoned it didn't really "run" in my family and so it couldn't possibly insert itself into my world.

In the last few weeks cancer has taken its toll around here. I understand it now. I can say the word "cancer" without fear of somehow making it magically appear. But none of this matters. In the end, it is a big freight train rolling through our lives that I just.can't.stop.

Cancer took my stepmother's life last week. And now it wants my mother. What a cruel summer. You may think it an odd perspective, but it has also been a time full of blessings. And immeasurable hope. I know God is holding us in His arms, providing comfort. His Truth and the gift of salvation reminds us that we are just vapors in this world. That he has a heaven, glorious heaven, in store where my mother's broken body will finally, finally, finally be at peace. Where she will run and jump. And feel wonderful. Praise God!

And I know one day, I will use this time to walk beside the brokenhearted. I don't know that I would have been brave enough before.

I will be back to blogging soon. In the meantime, can I please ask Teagan's Travels friends to pray for  my mother, Maureen? We still pray she will be healed but above all we can't bear to see her suffer. And please pray for our family that is exhausted and under so much stress at the moment.

My love to all,
Michelle

3 comments:

  1. I am praying for you all. We look forward to seeing you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry, MIchelle. We are praying for your family and their loss, for your mom and the doctors and for you. Hugs, susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your mother, and your entire family.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to have your comments so post away!