Friday, April 6, 2012

I'm The Map


Jesus answered,
 “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 

John 14:6 (NIV)



I had planned a different day today. It is busy with floors to be cleaned, laundry to be folded, a trip to "The" Costco (as we call it) waiting, Easter crafts that are begging to be completed before Sunday...and speaking of, our bunny hasn't procured a single item for special baskets! 

But as I scrubbed our kitchen floor today I couldn't get Dora (as in The Explorer) out of my head. There is a song on that show that sings, "I'm the map, I'm the map...et". Cute? Yes. Not so fun when you can't get it out of your head! But as I cleaned I was reminded of John 14:6 this Good Friday, a day that commemorates the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and his death at Calvary. Today Christ whispered to this tired momma, "I am the way, the truth, the life."

A Map for Every Day

It is amazing to me that the Bible acts as our daily map for life. Our gift from God. Leading us to His greatest gift. The Way. How incredible that an estimated 44 writers could compile their pieces of divinely inspired work to provide one cohesive message proclaiming Jesus Christ as The Messiah. Our Savior. The Great Rescuer. 

Imagine picking this map up from an airport Avis car rental as we navigate the rough roads in life! Using the Bible as our guide we can see and understand what happened in the past! And we can marvel at the prophecies written 100 years before Christ. Our Bible gives us a very defined path to Him, The Way along with a permanent address at the most beautiful kingdom surpassing imagination.

A Beggar Searching For Food

I am no scholar. Trust me on that. I am a sinner and no more than a beggar trying to show another beggar where to find food. But I do care for you. All of you reading. And so I share. I hope humbly by turning all eyes upon Him. 

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in..."

Revelation 3:20

A New Destination

If you haven't accepted Christ as your Savior  there are no special ceremonies needed. No meetings, nor classes. You can do this now through saying a simple, even silent prayer. 


May you and your family be blessed this Easter holiday. Please let  me know if you have a prayer request or questions in the comments below or at teaganstravels@yahoo.com. It would be my honor and privilege to pray for you and your family. 

In Jesus' Name, Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to have your comments so post away!