Monday, March 26, 2012

Easy Easter Wreath Tutorial!


Happy Monday! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. We were busy with a special first birthday party for our friend's baby Liam, decorating for Easter, going to church and getting out in the beautiful weather we've had here. I can't wait to share pictures this week!

In the meantime, I made this quick and easy wreath over the weekend and love the way it turned out so bright and fluffy! The ribbon has a touch of sparkle and I love the bright colors in the ribbon. Hobby Lobby has tons of new spring ribbon choices this season!


I always love a rundown on how much a project costs and where to find the supplies so here's my scoop: 

I bought the wreath for $1 at Dollar Tree, ribbon from Hobby Lobby for $4, the wooden cross (which I plan to paint a soft gold) was part of a set from Hobby Lobby that included six crosses for $2. I haven't added it yet because I ran out of paint but think it will be pretty on the left side above the two eggs. The spring ribbon was around $5 for four yards so I am using the rest on my mantel. And the eggs were in my craft closet from a floral arrangement I received last Easter!


The project is easy-schemeasy. Just take your ribbon and wrap, wrap, wrap. Here I show how I wrapped the ribbon loosely then scrunched it down in a bunch. This seemed to produce the fluffiest effect. Next, add your embellishments and ribbon. Voila! An easy Easter wreath for just a few dollars. 

I was originally inspired by a lovely wreath created by duitang.com that I saw on Pinterest.  I'd hoped to include a picture but am having trouble with the image. Please do go to this site and see the cute original. This is such an easy, fun wreath! I hope you will give it a try!

Stay tuned for pictures from Liam's 1st birthday party, an Easter craft play date, a burlap Easter banner tutorial and tonight's Destination: Inspiration Tuesday crafty linky up!

Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Amanda @ The Little GigglerApril 7, 2012 at 12:24 AM

    That's so cute!  Thanks for sharing at The Little Giggler!  :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to have your comments so post away!