Monday, February 13, 2012

Perfect Peace

Later today I will feature the top submissions from our very first Destination: Inspirations Tuesday Linky Party. But for now I am having a quiet moment. Ok. Make that I am TRYING to have a quiet moment. Teagan just will not nap and has already dumped out her pajama drawer. And her bookcase. And now she's woken up her baby sister. Sigh.

But let's just say I am taking a moment to pause out of my busy mama day. I am praising God for His wisdom, His grace, His gift of peace within an often turbulent, painfilled earth. Today marks a very serious surgery for my stepmother Shirley. At this time doctors are operating to intricately remove a massive brain tumor, one of three found recently in addition to a relapse of her ovarian cancer.

Have you seen those signs that are popping up on my beloved Pinterest? Keep Calm and Carry On? I have to admit that sometimes I get so caught up in the world we live in that I find myself acting out a not-so-similar sign that reads: DO Panic and Run Around Like a Crazy Loon. Ahem.

But not today. Today is TOO important. Today I am giving up my thoughts, surrendering them to God. As I think of Shirley, I pray for her, for the medical team, and for our family and friends in Texas waiting for news from the hospital. The image of our Lord and Savior watching over her in the operating room gives me peace. Placing my trust in Him and His plans to for us grants me peace. And this verse, His truth, gives me peace:




You will keep in perfect peace
those whose minds are steadfast,
because they trust in you.

Isaiah 26:3 (NIV)




If you are struggling with the turbulence of life today that threatens to toss you around like a leaf in the wind...well, I pray for you. Oh I have so been there with you friend, walking that desperate, anxiety-filled road. I pray you will make a decision to turn all your cares over to our God who loves you. Our God who created you. Our God who calls you child. He knows the plans He has for you, plans to prosper you, not harm you. May His peace, which is available to us all, be yours.



It would be my honor to pray for you. Please leave a request in the comment section below or if you'd prefer more privacy email teaganstravels@yahoo.com



In Jesus' Name,
Michelle







1 comment:

  1. I have been trying to pause as well and be calm. I laughed at Ms. Teagan. What a silly girl. I can picture doing all that damage to her bedroom. :) I am praying also for Shirley.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to have your comments so post away!