Sunday, August 28, 2011

Isla is 4 Months Old!


You were four months old this week my sweet baby Isla! I never posted your earlier milestones so this entry captures some of my favorite pictures of you since your birth on April 20, 2011!

The first six photos were taken by my friend Jennifer who lives next door. She is a wonderful photographer and these pictures will always remind me of the happy times our families shared while living in our little cul-de-sac. I am so grateful to her for capturing your newborn self as you changed so quickly!


*Today you weigh 14 lbs 6 oz

*You wear a size 6 mo and even 9 mo for onesies that your Auntie Angie bought you on our trip to Texas! You are my chunky monkey and seem bigger faster than I remember with your sister Teagan.

*You wear a size 2 diapers but you are busting out of them so as we finish up this pack during the week you will graduate to size 3!







You do so love your sleep! You wake up around 7:30 am. I try to give you one tablespoon of rice cereal (which still makes you cry, I'm sorry about that!) and a bottle. On weekdays Teagan and I sit down to breakfast while you watch from your bouncy chair. We read a Bible story together and then you go for a snooz in your crib until around lunchtime! You sleep again in the afternoon when Teagan takes a nap at 1:00 and then you are down again around 8:00 pm after your dinner. You and I get up in the night between 2:30 and 4:30 for another bottle. This is my favorite as we get time just to ourselves while the rest of the house is quiet. You still love to be swaddled but you sqwak while I am wrapping you up. No matter how agitated you may be you settle down into a sleepy dream state as you turn your head toward my voice and snuggle. I love that!


I remember taking this picture of you on Easter Sunday. You were just four days old!


Isla you are my little poof of happiness rolled into a cuddly sweet package! This month you started cooing and giggling when we smile and talk to you! Last week your sister got so excited when she tried to give you her stuffed lamb snuggle toy. You became so animated and "talked" back at her for the first time! This week I also heard you experiment with your voice trying to make high pitched screams. Daddy is going to LOVE this new development (as if the house wasn't noisy enough with three girls in it)!

Ann-Marie and Valerie gave you this soft and cozy bath towel! You love snuggling in it after bath time!

Your legs are strong too and this week you are all about trying to stand when I hold you! I can't wait to see what adventures Month Five brings!


I love you, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to have your comments so post away!