Sunday, December 5, 2010

Big Sister

Teagan is 19 months old and I am 19 weeks pregnant heading into the Christmas holidays. We had our big ultrasound with the perinatologist this week. I was so nervous I couldn't sleep before but all turned out well as he said Baby Kelly looks healthy! We have so much to be thankful for this season and are enjoying these December days. There's our baby! I have anterior placenta which just means the placenta is up top. The baby is also breech at the moment but that could change well before our due date which incidentally is April 30th - Teagan's second birthday!
Waiting to see the doc. Brian is SURE we are having a boy and I am confused as my trusty gender predictor that is based on heart beats per minute has been bouncing between girl and boy predictions for the last few months. The latest prediction: boy!
If we have a boy the name is sure to be Fionn, Brian's favorite and one that has special meaning for us, but more on that later. For a girl Brian likes Siobhan and Saioirse. I like Maeve, Isla, Niamh, Caoimhe, Harper and Sawyer. So far we can't agree on those and who knows what will pop up between now and spring as a favorite.
After my appointment Melissa took pictures of me in front of her tree. Notice the "tombo" which is Japanese for dragonfly. It's my favorite symbol of good luck and she put this beautiful on her tree just for me!
Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 19 weeks
Size of Baby: 6 inches, 9 ounces which is the size of a mango
Gender: We are going to be surprised. It is a lot harder for Mom this time!
Movement: Due to anterior placenta I am just now feeling flutters
Sleep: I get bits here and there. At least I have more time to update the blog in the wee hours!
Cravings: Chocolate (ok, normal for me), strawberry lemonaide and chips (which I never want normally). Fried pickles. I never should have started eating them. With Teagan I just wanted yogurt all the time - not so much with this baby!
Symptoms: Just being tired and super thirsty for water.
Best Moment This Week: Shopping for maternity clothes with Betty!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you're keeping a record for Teagan. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to have your comments so post away!